April 13, 2011

Where I Live Wednesday

Remember when I wrote this letter? And this one a few months later when I moved into my new apartment? Well, shortly after my Open Letter to New York, I decided that I needed to get out of my 11x7 hole with no closet and 3 roommates who always had a hundred people over, so I packed my bags and moved across the river to Hoboken, NJ.


I love living in Hoboken. It takes me 15 minutes via Path train every morning to get into the city so it really is the best of both worlds. The average age in Hoboken is about 30 so it's a really young town and almost everyone works in the city. It's the birthplace of baseball, has spacious apartments, and a gorgeous running path that runs right alongside the Hudson. Read: this place speaks my language.

To show you a little bit of Hoboken, I took my camera on a 4-mile run the other day and snapped some photos along the way so you can see for yourself where I live. Here goes:

My tree-lined street in Hoboken!
The Cake Boss lives here too!
The Lackawanna train station is beautiful!
Running along the Hudson River!

Love this view!
That building in the middle with the pointy top? That's where I go to school!
After running along the river, I loop back into the center of town, past this park and back to my apartment!



So that's Hoboken! What do you think?
I love it and I'm really sad to leave it in a few weeks!
But I'm on to other things (more on that later!)

Have a great day!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....I am absolutely in love with these pictures! I have always wanted to live close to the city, and these pictures gave me "City Fever" even more! :) The fact that Buddy and his gang live there too makes it all the better! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Looks like a fantastic place to live. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend grew up in NJ in Allendale/Westwood (I think it was Westwood? I could be wrong). Everytime I've gone to visit his family there it has definitely gotten rid of my view of what New Jersey was like. It's super nice!! Where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the East Coast looks exactly how I imagined it would. Awesome! I can't wait to visit NYC. I'm planning on going in a few years, but my goal is to get my Bachelor's Degree first. So have you eaten at Carlo's Bakery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so cute! I love that pic of your street. :) Good thing Carlo's Bakery isn't right around the street from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoboken seems like a great place to be. I have a friend who lives in North Jersey and I think she goes to party in Hoboken every weekend. I think everyone who lives there has a great sense of pride for being there. I saw that episode of Cake Boss where he made a cake commemorating the city. Everyone was just SO proud to be there... Glad you made the transition to someplace more homey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so SO cute!! I have never been to The City! It's definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! - Makes me want to move to NY so bad - those old buildings tug at my heart strings!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...