March 3, 2011

three things thursday

1. New York City Half-Marathon - As you all know (since I've said it a thousand times), I'm running the New York City Half-Marathon on Sunday, March 20 (along with Kara Goucher, Ryan Hall and Meb Keflezighi!) I've been training for it, I feel good, I feel ready for it and I'm going for a PR like it's an Olympic gold medal. But there's a little something that's really pushing my buttons about this race. There's no course map! Sure, I know the streets of Manhattan like nobody's business because it's my stomping grounds, but there's no course map, no elevation chart, no nicely plotted out map. Instead, I get this:


If you can't read that (click to enlarge), it's basically turn by turn instructions. What is that?! Are you giving me directions to someone's house?

2. BAA 5k - I'm in! I registered for the BAA 5k. I'm still slightly bitter about the fact that I paid $45 to run a 5k...it was $40 last year and I refused! But I gave in this year because I get to run it with these awesome people.


3. Marine Corps Marathon - I've mentioned a few times in the last week that I registered for the  Marine Corps Marathon. This was purely accidental but I'm so glad I did. Last Thursday, Chloe sent me a message on GChat reminding me of my less than favorable chances of getting into the lottery for the NYC Marathon. Since I registered for the lottery, I've been thinking that my back up plan would be to run MCM but I knew that it would fill fast and that I probably wouldn't hear from NYC until after MCM closed out so I was kind of at a loss of what to do. As Chloe and I were discussing, I checked over to the MCM website to find out that registration had opened the day before and was 98% full. So I frantically sent GChat messages to Lauren and Emily as to what to do. After about a 20 minute deliberation, I decided to register. I filled in all of my information and clicked 'Pay Now.' I was immediately brought back to the home page that said, 'The Marine Corps Marathon is now CLOSED.' I may very well have gotten the last spot in the race! How cool is that? So if I don't get into NYC, I'm going to run the MCM and if I do get into NYC, then I'll defer MCM for the following year! (I'm just not cool enough to be able to run two marathons in less than 7 days)


That's that! Don't forget to sign up for Jason's Cupcake Marathon!
It's *almost* the weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for BAA 5k!!! And crazy that you got MCM just in time. Good luck this weekend, you're going to do AWESOME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the debbie downer shout-out. lol. you've got some awesome races lined up. i have a feeling you'll get into NYC, just because you're awesome like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also was not thrilled about the whole 45 dollar price tag on the BAA 5k. But it will be totally worth it. We're going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear the MCM marathon is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go!!! and it was the Hyannis half that my co-workers wife ran and it snowed, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No course map would drive me crazy! Good luck, you'll kill it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This all looks so awesome!, well, minue the $45 part, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the race and it will be worth it in the end :) I bet it's nice to know that you have something lined up even if the NYC marathon doesnt work out.

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I signed up to do my first 5K recently and I slept in. It broke my heart, but I'm going to start following you for some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with all of your races! I am in the midst of half-marathon training for a race in May, and I just got some new running shoes. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAHOOOO! Don't be bitter--you get a pretty, coveted unicorn medal at the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and PS -- I'm SO GLAD you got into MCM. I knew you'd regret it if you didn't sign up! YAYYYY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...