March 8, 2010

So it begins...

I am running a Half-Marathon on May 16 in preparation for running a full marathon. I wouldn't say I'm an avid runner, but a frequent one, but this week marks Half-Marathon Training...the week when I go from a frequent runner, to an avid runner. I've read up on a lot of different training plans and started several of them only to realize that they aren't quite for me. This week will be tough though as I started a 14 day membership to Exhale Spa on Friday and have been taking their Core Fusion class which is by far, the most difficult workout I have ever done! I can't even cross my legs! But it feels amazing. It's a total mind-body workout that combines yoga, pilates, stength training and stretching.

Yesterday, using a ballet bar, a playground ball and a lot of focus and concentration we did something called the Hot Tub from Hell and oh man, did it burn!

So, with my half-marathon/marathon training beginning this week, here's my planned workout schedule. I'll be posting every week so feel free to follow along and join in!

Week 1
Monday: Exhale Core Fusion Open class
Tuesday: 2 mile run
Wednesday: Exhale Core Fusion Open class
Thursday: 2 mile run
Friday: Exhale Core Fusion Open class
Saturday: 2 mile run
Sunday: 2 mile run

I know it doesn't seem that exciting. The training program I've created leaves me with Mondays off cardio and strength training on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a long run on Saturdays. It'll get more interesting in Week 2, but that's it for week 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...