March 4, 2010

March Comes in Like a Lion...

...and goes out like a lamb. Ever heard that saying? My mom says it all the time and I really hope it's true because Boston weather this week has been insane! Raining one minute, snowing the next...I"m ready for spring!

Since this is my first post, I should explain a little about why I'm here and a little about myself:
  • I was anti-blog for a long time and recently, I've started reading several of them to pass the time when I'm bored at work (which happens often).
  • I'm starting this blog to give me a place to keep track of my 25 before 25 list, collect my thoughts, offer and solicit advice on things, and have a place to write that isn't a forum for complaining about things.
That being said, I'm Christy. I'm 23, I recently graduated from college and I live in a 5 floor walk up in Boston that I love. I have what may be the world's smallest kitchen which poses a huge inconvenience when I'm trying to cook (which I do a lot), but aside from that, I really do love my place and I love that I live there alone. It's my first apartment and I love it.

A few random things about me:
  • I love baseball. I am a New York Mets fan and I'll cheer for the Rangers every now and again because I grew up in Texas. Living in Boston has made it inevitable that I cheer for the Red Sox though, so you'll occasionally see me sporting a Sox tee at Fenway. This does not make me a bandwagonner because at the end of the day, the Mets are still my team.
  • I don't like my job. I used to, but some things changed and I don't like it so much anymore. This will be the only complaint about my job that I make while I am keeping this blog. I am making that promise to myself.
  • I'm going to grad school in September. I am still waiting to hear back from all of the schools I applied to before I decide where to go. I'm nervous and excited about the fact that I don't know where I'll be living in 6 months time.
That being said, I'll wrap up this first blog and hope to collect a few followers in my first few weeks as a blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...